At Conill Advertising we are all about creating and protecting big transformational ideas for our clients. Reporting to the Director of Business Affairs, the ABAM will play a key role in ensuring that the financial and legal aspects of broadcast, social, print and digital productions are in compliance with both the agency’s and the client's guidelines and processes. The ABAM will support the Producers on all productions as well as maintain and take responsibility for miscellaneous non-production jobs. The ABAM will also work closely with the account teams and producers to keep communication between them and to ensure processes are followed with regards to licensing, production, etc. This individual must be motivated, detail oriented, a self-starter and flexible to ensure the best support. At Conill we prove nothing is impossible every day and have fun doing it.
Director, Integrated Business Affairs
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Measure of Accountability
The Individual will be evaluated in their proficiency in delivering on the following:
Gives honest and timely feedback in a constructive manner
Provides support for coaches to learn new skills Negotiates mutually favorable outcomes
Collaborates with coaches to set goals and work towards them
· Decision Making
Makes pragmatic decisions based on range of factors
Able to make decisions quickly where necessary, based on incomplete information
Demonstrates logic to back up decisions
· Take Charge
- Delegates effectively, leverages juniors and gives clear instruction
- Monitors work results and quality, provides oversight
- Interpretation vision and goals in a relevant manner for subordinates
Identifies ways to improve processes/situations
Takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems
Sets own standards above prevailing standards, shows dissatisfaction with substandard or inefficient activities
Primary Points of Contact
The Associate Business Affairs Manager will work closely with Business Managers and Producers, who report to the Production Director. The ABAM will also work closely with the Finance and the Accounts teams.
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must have a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
· Relationship Management
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
Ensure all job requests received comply with agency and brands’ guidelines and are timely handled.
Follow up with the Client Services team for additional documentation required for requests
Generate estimates and Purchase Orders
· Confirm concepts have been submitted for agency legal clearance and handle any legal clearances and licensing matters
Follow up with the Client Services team until estimates are approved and client funds secured
Follow up with Producers for timely bidding of projects and brands’ guidelines compliance, including Cost Consultant firms approval of productions
Customize and complete talent contracts and reports, performer and production agreements, insurance coverage documents and other licenses, as required, using existing templates.
Work with Producers on all union talent requirements as per union guidelines: talent costs, contracts, reports, advices, payments, additional forms such as clearances and letters, etc.
Monitor union talent reuse payments against advices and estimates
Remain updated on all SAG/AFTRA & AFM union guidelines, as well as Brands’ Production Guidelines
Maintain the existing digital filing system updated with all production related documents
Maintain all Business Affairs logs, including job numbers, Commercial Code (Isci) and Invoice Logs.
Process, log & monitor supplier invoices, payments and payment inquiries
Monitor estimates for overages and make necessary revisions following appropriate route: Change of Scope form or other
Generate monthly reports for jobs, work alongside Client Accounting, Production and Client Services departments for billing, reconciliation and closing of jobs
· Responsible, self-motivated, highly organized individual who learns quickly and communicates well with others.
· A high degree of professionalism with a strong focus on timeliness and attention-to-detail is a must.
· Flexible and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
· Ability to follow-up effectively and work well under pressure.
· Current computer/software knowledge and a willingness to learn new technologies,
· Able to work extended hours when necessary
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
Excellent hands-on knowledge of Microsoft excel is a must.
Some accounting knowledge is a plus
Written communication skills
3 years of experience in an advertising agency or production related environment.
Production and/or agency background is a plus, but not required.
All employees are expected to support Conill’s commitment to providing a respectful and safe workplace and conduct themselves in a professional and acceptable manner during all work-related events, including but not limited to, holiday parties, off-sites, client meetings/events and shoot locations.
Long hours are often necessary, including evenings and/or weekend work may be required. And there can be a limited amount of travel associated with this position. Conill is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment.
There may be times when lifting up to 25lbs is required.