The Executive Assistant will be the President and EVP/ Managing Director’s go-to person. Understands that their responsibility is to do everything they can to help the President and EVP/ Managing Director achieve their objectives and understands that their role is an extension of the President and EVP/ Managing Director’s vision. Flawless execution and being proactive must be part of the Executive Assistant’s DNA. Ensure President and EVP/ Managing Director are in the right place in the right time and fully prepared to conduct the business of the moment.
Must have an innate capability in retaining information. Understanding the President and EVP/ Managing Director’s personal preferences and memorizing the details (or exceptional note taking) is required. Ensuring accuracy in correspondence is expected. Anticipating the “who, what, when, where and why’s” of meetings, travel, client visits, etc. and planning all resources to create a seamless experience is a must.
In addition to general administration, must be business minded and think strategically. Specifically, support President and EVP/ Managing Director in implementing ideas that streamline process, eliminate barriers, ensure satisfied clients, and be a driver of excellence throughout the agency. Must be aware and contribute to Agency Initiatives and Projects that are top priority to the President and EVP/ Managing Director. This role must be anticipatory rather than reactionary. As a result, this position has a high degree of influence, requires discretion and independent judgment, and with that comes a high expectation of quality work.
Positive attitude is the key to being successful in this role. Strong business acumen must be partnered with the willingness to provide support on ANY level. Assistance, off work hours, and out of the normal requests may be required from time to time. Shifting priorities and being flexible should be expected.
Communication is essential. Must be calm and positive and understand that all communication is a reflection of President and EVP/ Managing Director, and the Company as a whole. Must be able to articulate priorities and filter information on a need to know basis.
Must have the ability to gauge the temperature of the agency and communicate openly with the President, EVP/ Managing Director and Executive Team. A willingness to transform the agency into an inspirational and efficient workplace is a constant. Ideas on making the agency a healthier, happier place are welcomed and encouraged.
The expectation of this position is that the majority of the work will be spent on office management related duties.
President and EVP/ Managing Director
Receptionist. May provide guidance or direction to other Conill employees as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Liaison to building management in conjunction with Office Services Manager. To include but not limited to: any daily issues with the restrooms, A/C usage solicitation after regular business hours, and special cleaning needs; such as the fridge or kitchen.
- Consults with Management Team on employee concerns that impact environment & health issues in a confidential & timely manner.
- Works with vendors to coordinate maintenance of office furniture and interior widows, floors, and walls.
- Works with plant vendor on placement of plants and on-going replacement needs.
- Order office supplies (office depot) & handle general office maintenance issues(stiles management office); including but not limited to new business cards, photocopy supplies and escalating issues with IT Resources.
- Manage and prepare Purchase Orders (PO's) for all agency expenses including coffee vendor, office depot/office supplies, office maintenance invoices, parking stamps/stickers, postal services/daily mail movement, A/C vendor, audio visual, print materials, etc.
- Presentation of employment offer letters & new hire paperwork processing. Involved in new hire orientation for new hires as far as office management is concerned.
- Partner with Talent Management as necessary to make sure new hires are ready to work on the first day.
- Amex gift cards for En la Lucha Award control log & delivery.
- FedEx log and deliveries.
- Manage Conferencing Calling cards; Intercall
- Issue/assign building access cards & office key locks; replacements, terminations, etc.
- Executive support for President and EVP/ Managing Director and Executive Team as requested.
- Coordinate, set up & manage quarterly regional and board meetings, trainings, special events, on site and abroad.
- Coordinate Agency events and lead the “Fun Committee” (Friday Happy Hour, Monthly Birthday Celebration, Holiday Party).
- Schedule keeping/Meeting management.
- Office catering needs for client or other in-house meetings.
- Expense Reports for President & EVP/Managing Director and additional Executive Team members as needed.
- Gathering information, organization and filing.
- Organizing all travel & accommodations.
- Intra-office communications – all agency emails, voicemails.
- Provide Switchboard relief.
- All other duties as assigned.
Measure of Accountability
- Relationships with key stakeholders are harmonious and productive
- Position will also be evaluated in their proficiency in delivering on the following:
- Attention to Detail
- Able to ‘zoom in’ to detail quickly and accurately
- Check information
- Pick up inconsistencies and mistakes and make detailed comparisons between similar sources
- Respond effectively to clear direction
- Follow procedures
- Solve immediate problems, escalating where appropriate
- See individual tasks through completion
- Oral & Written Communication
- Uses grammar, vocabulary and style to describe situations, ideas, instructions
- Structures communication logically
- Listens, responds to prompts, summarizes
- Identifies ways to improve processes/situations
- Takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems
- Sets own standards above prevailing standards, shows dissatisfaction with substandard or inefficient activities
- Self-Confidence & Resilience
- Copes effectively with pressure
- Demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles
- Remains optimistic in the face of negative feedback
- Achievement Orientation
- Identifies ways to improve processes/situations
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must possess a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
- Relationship Management
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
- 1-2 years of experience in Office Management required. 3-5 years prior work as an Executive Assistant preferred
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes. The ability to easily learn new computer software and general office tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a rapid pace environment, responding to staff and client requests. Attention must be shifted frequently depending on interruptions of phone calls, e-mails, etc.
- Must inherently have strong ethics and maintain a high degree of discretion. High level of confidentiality is required
- Ability to use good judgment on a daily bases when making business decisions and performing tasks
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.