The Account Clerk/Time Management role will primarily be responsible for time entry & revision, posting and reporting. In addition, is responsible to manage finance’s files, employee claim’s file, and will support the Account Payable Supervisor. Other duties will include some training and set up of new hires in the Altair system to report time & claims. This position also will be working closely with the Saatchi LA and NY Finance Team and ReSources, and other sister agencies finance members to manage time and claim transactions.
This is a deadline driven position having various reports due at regular intervals every month.
Account Payable Supervisor, and will support the Accounting Manager & Reporting as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related experience required.
- Responsible of time entry control of all Agency employees and the timely reporting to Clients. Will be main contact for office personnel regarding time related issues including request and provision of time codes. In addition position entails working with the team in Miami in order to have all appropriate time codes created as well as made inactive. In addition, this position entails working with the team in Saatchi Finance.
- Responsible to follow up on missing time of Agency employees on a weekly basis and as needed. Give instructions on time corrections or transfers as necessary. Employees with missing more than 2 weeks must be reported to his/her Supervisor or Department Head. Employees with missing time of more than 5 weeks must be reported to Ana Rodriguez, in addition to the Supervisor.
- Time entry follow up with agency employees for missing time. Give instructions on time corrections or transfers as necessary. Also, responsible for the time entry in Altair (back end) for the freelancers and any other missing time as necessary.
- Time Report detail preparation as requested by the Managing Director or Finance Director for all clients specially Toyota and T-Mobile, as needed.
- Support for time entry training/re-training of new and existing employees. Reports might include Altair reports; CATC Time sheet: Time Leveling to disclose missing time, and CATS_DA Display Working Times to report time by project/client or employee.
Responsible to monitor and proactively follow up about time entry report for the leavers (Terms) to ensure their time is properly entered before their last day.
Responsible to manage timely time approval and timely time transfer. It is key for this role to understand and manage the complete time sheets process& approval. Therefore, the success for this position will be measure by the ability to thoroughly review and approve time entry for the entire agency in a timely manner. Additionally, it will be critical for this position to be able to analyze labor data in detail based on specific requirements.
All other duties as assigned.
- Perform accounting and general clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Lead and manage processing of invoices via Read Soft or similar system responsible to manage matching of vendor invoices with Altair’s PO’s.
- Support for Altair Claims/Expenses processing, and internal review & approval, based on Agency and Client Policies
- Responsible for claims/expenses employee’s file. Secure the original claim + receipts are properly filed at a secure Agency location. Responsible for Vendor/Supplier and Client’s Finance files. Secure proper a filing location at Agency.
- Support to follow up on Altair claims/expenses open items or missing information on timely manner. Escalate to the Supervisor and /or Accounting Manager & Reporting any issues about non-policy compliance or exceptions in order to document situation and get Finance Director Approval.
- Responsible to keep Finance Filing System, including but not limited to; accounts payable vendor files, employee expense reimbursement files, and Agency Client files.
- All other duties as assigned.
Measure of Accountability
Position will also be evaluated in their proficiency in delivering on the following:
- Responds effectively to clear direction, follows set procedures
- Solves immediate problems, escalating where appropriate
- Sees individual tasks through to completion
- Interpersonal Skills
- Socially capable- interacts confidently, reads the situation
- Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions
- Self-Confidence & Resilience
- Copes effectively with pressure
- Demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles
- Remains optimistic in the face of negative feedback
- Learning Capability
- Picks up new skills quickly
- Develops expertise
- Attention to Detail
- Able to ‘zoom in’ to detail quickly and accurately
- Checks information, picks up inconsistencies and mistakes
- Can make detailed comparisons between similar sources
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must possess a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
- Relationship Management
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
- 2-3 years in a accounting clerk role required, ad agency experience is a plus.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comfort with large data sets, database mining and manipulation preferred.
- Deep level of curiosity and commitment to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical, numerical, strategic and influencing skills, with the ability to be detailed & deadline-oriented while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to influence and build relationships quickly and to work collaboratively across a number of departments and teams.
- Ability to manage projects from conception to completion and to lead disparate groups of people to work effectively as a team.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in the most engaging and “story-telling” manner.
- Able to use good judgment when making business decisions and performing tasks.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multitask.
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Outlook, SAP a plus
- Attention-to-detail; demonstrates a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing.
Long hours are often necessary; evenings and/or weekend work may be required. Conill is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment. There may be times when lifting up to 25lbs is required.
All employees are expected to support Conill’s commitment to providing a respectful and safe workplace and conduct themselves in a professional and acceptable manner during all work-related events, including but not limited to, holiday parties, off-sites, client meetings/events and shoot locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.