The Account Executive (AE) supports the senior account lead and account team members in day-to-day client business management. The AE is the steward of the client relationship and clients’ business needs. Responsibilities include maintaining relations with clients and supervising the execution of multiple client account deliverables happening simultaneously. The Account Executive must be able to build upon tactical ideas and think strategically about a brand or business, works with all departments in the agency and must respect process and integration. The candidate has outstanding project management skills. He/she embraces the Conill spirit of One Team, One Dream, Nothing is Impossible. Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
- Builds rapport and credibility to comfortably engage in frequent contact and build a solid relationship with clients and partner agencies.
- Remains actively involved in “day-to-day” client initiatives, including understanding of business building, strategy, media and creative projects.
- Manages client expectations regarding budget, scope of work, timing, schedules and process.
- Maintains client status reports, conference reports, change orders and any other documents and deliverables as required.
- Works with account team in coordinating, preparing and producing deliverables and items for client presentations; reviews all materials before client presentations and final production.
- Monitors and shares competitive activity, market data and marketing updates.
- In absence of a senior management group, field’s requests from client to obtain and document requested modifications to work in progress.
- All other duties as assigned.
Measure of Accountability
Position will be evaluated on the proficiency in delivering on the following:
- Makes pragmatic decisions based on range of factors
- Able to make decisions quickly where necessary, based on incomplete information
- Demonstrates logic to back up decisions
Oral & Written Communication
- Uses grammar, vocabulary and style to describe situations, ideas, instructions etc.
- Structures communication logically
- Listens, responds to prompts, summarizes
- Prioritizes tasks
- Makes realistic estimates of time and resource requirements
- Monitors progress
- Is able to objectively assess own performance
- Takes action to develop own competence
- Sets own challenging short, mid and long-term goals
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must have a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
- Seeks a thorough and pro-active understanding of clients’ business and products.
- Has excellent organization and time management skills. Has the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with attention to detail.
- Is digitally savvy. Can think holistically. Is in touch with the consumer’s world, insights and trends.
- Communicates clearly, openly, honestly and with integrity. Can effectively and with confidence present information in one-on-one and group situations to colleagues.
- Is a team player and encourages collaboration. Brings energy to all areas of work.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of advertising account management experience required, with proven experience on CPG and/or fast paced accounts, and in working with partner agencies and directly with clients.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Hispanic market preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Long hours are often necessary; including evenings and/or weekend work may be required. And there can be a limited amount of travel associated with this position. Conill is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment. There may be times when lifting up to 25lbs is required.
All employees are expected to support Conill’s commitment to providing a respectful and safe workplace and conduct themselves in a professional and acceptable manner during all work-related events, including but not limited to, holiday parties, off-sites, client meetings/events and shoot locations.